Thursday, March 18, 2010

Night Snacking



I think taking pictures is a good idea. My last night snacking urges resulted in 2 clementine oranges and 3 sugar coated ginger candies - instead of the 1/2 bar of organic dark chocolate I have in the freezer for emergencies. It worked - though I felt empty - not my stomach - something deeper and more mysterious wanted nourishment. Somewhere a long the line food provided that nourishment. But maybe empty feelings are fulfilling - definitely need to re-wire these patterns.

I took pictures of last night's dinner - so instead of something cooked up without loving care - including the gin and tonic I wanted with crispy chips - I reached for a frozen Boca Burger and sauteed in the shitake mushroom broth and left over veggies from the afternoon omelette. Added that kimchi - picked veggies and some fresh salad things. I was satisified but not full - wanted more - took some frozen blueberries and strawberries a little Greek no fat yogurt and blended into a smoothy - added some chopped walnuts - and voila - a pretty dessert that worked. Until about 9:30 when I went for the ginger and clementines.
I took some pix of dinner - feeling proud of myself for taking time to create something I would make for a friend. I seem to be more satisfied when there's lots of color in my food.

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy. I'm going to try your smoothy idea as it will satisfy my desert craving and get dome more fruits and calcium into my diet. Thanks

    ReplyDelete